19/03/2013

The Future: Looking Forward

The Future: Looking Forward
My last post, focussed on the events of our pasts; and the way in witch they act to define the people that we eventually become. Recently, I rediscovered a website that I stumbled across for the first time when I was sixteen:


I received a letter a few weeks ago – from my sixteen year old self. The contents of which I’m not quite ready to share with the world yet (but who knows maybe some-day I will post it). The contents of this letter made me seriously re-evaluate my life, and make some significant changes. I feel slightly stupid saying it – after all, who knows you better than yourself?

Sometimes it is possible to anticipate the events of the future, and to prepare accordingly. However, life likes to throw surprises at us – and it is my belief that our past prepares us for the present, and the present prepares us for the future. So for me, the concept of actively being able to pass messages along for a different time in my life is fascinating. (For example, the last letter I wrote will be delivered shortly before I am due to start for university).

Combined with a further conversation with a close friend, it got me thinking about the messages that I would currently like to pass along to my future self. Reminders of the happy times, a life lesson learned? – Or perhaps a revisit to a not so happy time? Or simply a reminder that I have come through this far – and will (hopefully) continue to fight my way through everything that life has to throw at me.

When presented with the opportunity to pass messages along, into the future, it puts things into an entirely new perspective. And if you do only one thing solely for yourself this week – I challenge you to take some time and write to yourself. If you are anything like me, you will find it extremely useful putting things into perspective.

I found that by taking just half an hour to put (some of) my feelings down in writing, I was able to see what I wanted for myself in the future, Whilst the person I am right now is a product of my past, ultimately I can shape my own future. And so can you. With hard work, and self awareness, I think it’s possible to achieve whatever you want to achieve (as cliché as it is!).

Anyways, that’s enough of my ramblings for one night,

More Soon,
Love Amber
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.